Reality Check for MBBS in India
MBBS in India is the toughest and most reputed program that everyone cannot afford to take admission in MBBS in India due to its high fees structure. Application for admission in MBBS in India 2018 has now been started.
India, a country, where medical education sector has given a new direction which contributes 15% CAGR which reached US 160$ billion by 2017 and it has become largest growing sector in India both in terms of employment and revenue. Indian doctors are known worldwide for their education, expertise and have enough practical experience to cater the health of people. MBBS is way more respected profession in Indian society and is financially satisfying as well. Altogether these attributes
India States having rich medical scope
India is popular for dealing education in medical and surgery and the entire duration of MBBS course in India is 5 ½ years including 1 year of internship. MBBS in India is fully governed by medical council of India and has yet to create a student/learning-centred environment which promotes self-directed learning by the help of experienced faculty members. The main aim/goal of medical education in Indiais not only to enable medical students with required skills and knowledge but also provided with best opportunities to know how the best use of their skills which would ultimately help them to work productively. MBBS in India serves best for those who have inbound desire to serve humanity.
Eligibility and entrance test for MBBS in India
Students can apply for the programme after fulfilling these basic criteria as stated below-
- The candidate must possess at least 50% aggregate in physics, chemistry and biology in 10+2.
- To get entry in any medical school in India student must have appear for all India medical entrance examination which is now called as NEET.
- Student must have completed 17 years of age by the commencement of examination, moreover the upper age limit should be 25 years.
- An information bulletin is provided where there is indicated Negative marking for wrong answers.
- In some state level examination there can be questions based on general awareness and English.
- Overall there is a mixture of questions from physics, chemistry, biology where in biology has a mixture of zoology and botany.
Advantages of MBBS course in India
- Doctors in India are known for their expertise and has high reputation in the countries like US, UK, CANADA, NEWZEALAND and many other European nations.
- Public private partnership has a good demand in India to encourage rather than other countries.
- Medical education in India has a high demand as the students pursuing MBBS from top university in India gets prodigious respect from the Indian society.
- India is a country where there is a high demand to invest in medical education as there is a need of more than 1 lakh doctors by the year, WHO recommends to increase doctor patient ratio to be 1:1000. Therefore, government is focussing to increase the number of medical colleges in India.
- India is rich in the source of providing alternative healthcare like Ayurveda, homeopathy, yoga, unnani & siddha.
- India is known for its high quality of healthcare treatments at affordable cost and attracts global medical tourism and it is expected to grow to $ 8 bn by the year 2020.
Disadvantages of studying MBBS in India
- Too expensive– MBBS in India is not everyone’s forte. It’s way more expensive than any other country. MBBS in India is the toughest program as compared to any other programs like Engineering, arts, science etc. there is a tough competition in Indian medical education system, NEET qualifiers will get admission in MBBS course in India by paying a huge amount of fee in private medical colleges. Non- qualifiers who want to take admission in private colleges will have to pay donation which costs around 50-70 lakhs. Irrespective of government colleges which are very less in number, private colleges charge total fee around 30-40 lakhs.
- Poor infrastructure– top medical government colleges in India are known world-wide for their quality education but lacks at some factors and infrastructure is one among them. The government of India is focussing on the improvement in educational quality day by day and ignoring the campus structure which is getting degraded day by day and are not able to attract the foreign students. The reason behind is the low-fee structure and the aim to give medicine a new direction.
- Tough eligibility criteria– In India, MBBS in top private colleges is not easy, apply only if you are capable of securing good position or coming in 4% in the country as, 2% is reserved for open category and rest are reserved for SC, ST, OBC etc.
- 4- low-passing percentage- students who studied vigorously for approximately 2-3 years minimum will also has a less chance to get qualified in India’s government medical colleges due to high cut-off and therefore the success ratio in medical examinations like NEET or other state level government exams like AIIMS, AFMC, JIPMER is only 0.7%. Approximately 90% of students don’t make their best in one of the toughest exam NEET every year. For this problem MBBS experts help you out with innovative options for Indian students to either choose private medical colleges with low capitation fee (only few are there) or to go with MBBS in Abroad option. We are dealing in this concern for so many years and have gain expertise in medical education.
Category wise seat reservation in India
|Minimum marks||No. of seats||category|
The success ratio of many other stale level medical entrance exams like MH-CET, UPMT, GUJ-CET, G-CET, PMET, KARNATAKA-CET, HPMT, BCECE, WB JEE medical exam, ASSAM-CEE, HARYANA PMT etc. is also not more than 3% till date. There are hardly medical colleges in states of India which are MCI recognised especially in Maharashtra where the medical seats are around 2000 in 15 MCI approved medical colleges for 200000 applicants every year.
However, there are some examinations like UGET medical, COMEDK, and CETPPMC are some medical entrance examinations which are conducted and governed fully by medical council of India.
FMGE criteria for Indian medical colleges
There might be some misunderstanding to some students about FMGE and its eligibility criteria, be clear about it. Students studying MBBS in India need not to clear FMGE exam to practice medicine in India. FMGE is a licencing exam for Indians pursuing MBBS degree abroad.
MBBS admission in India and eligibility criteria
MBBS stands for Medicinae Baccalaureus and bachelor of surgery or bachelor or medicine and bachelor of surgery. Basically MBBS is an undergraduate degree which deals in medicine and surgery. Academic curriculum of MBBS in India is divided into 4 and half years into 9 semesters and 1 year of internship after academic syllabus. Each semester is comprises of approx… 120 teaching days. MBBS in India gives students in-depth and proper knowledge of human body and to cure the diseases theoretically as well as practically. People or students who want to serve humanity or are with great minds suited the most for this educational programme.
To get admission in MBBS in India is not easy for everyone and hence requires struggle for years to get top government college for MBBS in India.
Eligibility to pursue MBBS in India
- Student must secure at least 50% of aggregate marks in Biology, Physics and chemistry to get eligible for getting admission in MBBS in India.
- To get admission in medical colleges in India student needs to appear for all India medical entrance examination which is now known as NEET. There are 15% of total seats for medical and dental courses run by the government.
- One more basic and important requirement for admission in MBBS in India is that the student must be in 17 years of his/her minimum. Recently the medical council of India has also specifies the upper age limit of applicant that is 25 years. Candidates older than 25 years of age are not eligible to take entrance exam for MBBS in India.
Generally, the sets of questions that come in NEET are the mixture of physics, chemistry and biology (zoology and botany).
There is negative marking for wrong answers. For domiciled candidates or in some state level examinations there are also some questions based on general knowledge, English or some intellectual based questions.
Subject that taught in MBBS in India
- Human anatomy
- Dermatology & STDs
- Introduction to humanity and community medicine.
- Human psychology
- Forensic medicine and toxicology
- Obstetrics & gynaecology
- MBBS specialization
- General medicine
- General surgery
Though MBBS in India is one of the toughest exams to crack and one of the costliest courses to study in private colleges in India which is not the cup of tea for every Indian student to afford the fees of private colleges. Government colleges seat are reserved for NEET qualifiers which is the toughest exam to crack.
MBBS experts guide you to choose either some good private colleges with low fee structure or to go with MBBS in Abroad.
Following are the services or assistance we provide to Indian students who wishes to pursue MBBS in Abroad.
Our services and Assistance to Indian students
We make students aware about everything regarding the higher education in abroad and provide great consulting support right from the beginning till the completion of your MBBS course in abroad.
MBBS experts are the leading educational consultants in the market. We assure complete assistance we promised with full loyalty and responsibility.
We offer great assistant to Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad and all medical aspirants, as we understand the need of students and their parents to get the best career orientation, we totally provide assistance according to their convenience.
Additional services provided by MBBS Experts
- Transparent information provided to students about the universities and their educational structure.
- Process the required documents to the respective university.
- Helps in processing the visa application and bring the university letter to student.
- Provide assistance in processing the insurance application.
- Provides accommodation and Indian food facility to students in Abroad.
- Accompanying students on Departure with our trusted employee.
- Pick-up is provided by us to the University.
- Provides assistance in completing the formalities of university.
- Helps in opening a bank account with the right bank.
- Provides Guardianship to students for the complete tenure of education.
- Keeps in touch with the parents and inform about educational and other related activities.
MBBS experts are prominent and helpful educational consultants in India for MBBS education in abroad.
Study MBBS in abroad becomes smooth with the help of MBBS experts, as we take care of every student activity and administration work right from the filling the application for MBBS in abroad to the completion of the medical course in abroad.
Though Indian students will get the full support and beneficial services from the medical universities in abroad, still we are here to help you in any case related to accommodation facility, financial uncertainty etc.
Other services provided by MBBS experts
- Helpful in counselling for further medical studies like PG in Germany, PG in USA or post-graduation program in medicine in any country.
- Helpful in providing guidance about the FMGE facts and best universities abroad with highest FMGE passing percentage.
- When it comes to student’s career we are helpful in providing best educational orientation in medical courses in abroad. With cheap and best medical universities in abroad.
- We also assist you in choosing the best study material/coaching classes for MCI screening test which you can rely on.
- We are helpful in making the complete documentation, visa assurance, bringing the offer letter of the university, embassy requirements, safe and enjoyable travel from India to USA.
- We also arrange our assistance in Georgia for the safety purposes of students.
MBBS experts are the most trusted, reliable; authenticate overseas consultants to counsel students with the best MCI approved universities in abroad.