Donetsk National Medical University
Medical Science is the most reputed profession all over the world. This profession is regarded as the life-saving profession and a number of people study this field especially in foreign countries. The quality of education given in universities in other countries is quite high and they maintain the right standard, which the present generation should have. If you are among those who are planning to study in a foreign land than Donetsk in Ukraine is a great option. The Donetsk National Medical University is one of the leading universities of Ukraine, which offers quality education to the students with the right amount of practical exposure. The Donetsk National Medical University is an internationally recognized university whose degrees In the field of medical sciences Donetsk National Medical University is globally recognized and has great position all over the world.
About Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU)
This University is the largest medical university of Eastern Europe and is present in the society from a long time. This University was founded in 1930 as Donetsk Medical Institute. It was later on in 1994 the Donetsk Medical Institute was given the status of University. Further, in 2008, it was developed into a National University. Talking more about it in whole Europe this is the best medical University. It is the first medical University of Ukraine, which is recognized by World Health Organization (WHO) and from Directory of I-Med Schools. This university is also registered with the world Medical Universities list.
Donetsk National Medical University was the first one in Eastern Europe, which started the faculties of Medicine and Dentistry in the English language for foreign students in 1991 after the independence of Ukraine. Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is confirmed according to the highest (the fourth) Level of accreditation. The activities of the University are totally acceptable with The Constitution of Ukraine, Ukrainian legislation acts issued by the President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Decrees of the Health Department and Education Department of Ukraine, the University Rules.This university attracts a great number of foreign students even ear because of the highest ranking and the quality training it imparts. Even the great infrastructure bags a reason for this.
Medical Programs offered by the University
Given below is the list of total programs offered by the University.
GENERAL MEDICINE (MD / MBBS):
This medical course is offered in English and Russian language
Duration of Course: 6 years
Degree Awarded Doctor of Medicine (MD or MBBS).
This pediatrics course is given in English and Russian languages
Duration of Course: 6 years
Degree Awarded Doctor of Medicine (MD or MBBS).
DENTISTRY / STOMATOLOGY:
The dental course is also there for the students in English and Russian language.
Duration of Course: 5 years
Degree awarded: Bachelor of dentistry (BDS)
It is a pharmacy course, which is for five years and is available in the Russian and English language.
The nursing course is there in two segments. For the diploma, its duration is 2 years and for bachelor’s degree, it is 4 years. The degree awarded is a bachelor of nursing for the bachelor course. Both of them are given in Russian as well as the English language.
POST GRADUATE EDUCATION: This University even offers postgraduate medical studies. The duration of the study is 2-3 years.
PRE-MEDICAL COURSE: This is a Russian concentrated program for students wishing to continue their studies at the Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) or any other University in Ukraine. The duration of the preparatory course is one year. Upon successful completion, a diploma is awarded to the students.
FOUNDATION COURSE: This course is particularly designed for the foreign students who do not have the essential requirements for the undergraduate programs and also it helps to allow students to bridge the gap between school and University. The period of the foundation course is one year.
In this University, the academic year is divided into two semesters. The first semester starts in the first to mid of September and lasts till the last week of January. The second semester starts in the first week of February lasts till mid of July. The University experiences 5 working days and Saturday and Sunday are off for the students. The studies are planned from 8.00 am to 0400 pm. The student’s working week contains 54 hours; within this time, there are 36 lecturing hours and 18 hours for autonomous work. There is summer vacation for the students in the month of July and August. During holidays, students may have easy admission to CIS and all countries in Europe by bus, train and flights. Unique program and trips are also accessible to allow students to expertise firsthand the transition method in Russia or Ukrainian, CIS counties and elsewhere in Europe.
Campus of Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU)
As the university is the oldest one, it has a number of buildings for the hostels and classrooms. There are well-maintained labs for the students to practice. Other than this there are sports facilities for the students to participate. The University believes in overall growth so sports playground, auditoriums for cultural activities are also present in the campus
Official recognition of the University
- As stated above DNMUis largest and one of the oldest medical university in Europe and former USSR. AT present around 4200 foreign students are studying from 96 countries
- .All the educational programs are approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- The Ministry of heath of Ukraine and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine legalizes the degrees and diplomas issued to graduated foreign students by the Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU).
- The University is recognized and listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). This accreditation allows the Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) to be eligible to take the United States Medical Licensing Examinations and enter Postgraduate Medical (Residency) training in the United States.
- I-MED Schoolsaccreditation is recognized by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) for eligibility of graduates to obtain certification and Licensure.
- The University is also recognized by the Indian Medical Council, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, European Council of Medicine and General Medical Council (limited Registration) of UK.
- Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU)has a joint researches and partnership relations with many Scientific Institutions of former USSR and all over the world, such as The Poland Medical Academy, The Cambridge University, The Virden University, Clinics of Urgent Medicine in Germany, Belgium, Austria and Israel. Medical centre of Cardiff (England), Medical Center in Sent-Etien (France), New York Medical Center, Ukrainian Medical Society in Canada and Austria.
How to apply for Medical Course in this University?
The students who wish to pursue the medical course from this university can submit the application online free of charge. Applying for an international university is actually available for all of the students provided the student fulfils the eligibility criteria but it is always suggested to apply through expert consultants who are having years of familiarity in this section.
Eligibility Criteria for Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU)
There is no as such Eligibility criteria for this University. You should have good marks in the field as that will be the only criteria to serve you. A minimum of 60 to 65 percent is required. You don’t need to give any test for the further admission.
To get admission in DNMU, following document are required to be submitted
- International passport valid for few years
- School leaving certificate
- Higher Secondary School certificate (translated into the Ukrainian language)
- Birth Certificate (translated into the Ukrainian language)
- Medical Certificate showing absence of Aids/HIV (translated into the Ukrainian language)
- Medical Certificate showing physical and mental fitness (translated into the Ukrainian language)
- Passport size Photos
Another important point is then once you get your visa you should inform the University about your arrival or otherwise you could be deported when you reach there.
Why study in Donetsk?
- The medical fees of this University is quite low and even there are scholarships for the brilliant minds
- No English test is required for studying Medical in the English Language
- Simple and easy application process and excellent support
- European lifestyle and exposure to the students
- No extra donations and admissions of first come first serve basis
- Great employment opportunities globally after the degree
- Even chances of getting PR are available for the extraordinary minds.