Introduction About Medical Education in Bulgaria
Are you thinking of doing MBBS from Abroad? Well MBBS from Bulgaria is certainly the best option particularly for the Indian students looking for the high standard of learning at a low cost. Today, Bulgaria has become the top choice for the medical candidates coming from the varied corner of the country. The country offers with the best medical education even for the international students who want to pursue MBBS in Bulgaria in safe, advanced, and engaging surroundings. The medical university tuition fees in Bulgaria vary from 7400 to 8100 Euro per year. The affordable fee for the study of medicine in the areas like general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and more is the key attraction. For the short term courses in medical field, the fee ranges from 3100 – 4000 Euros per annum depending on the type of the university. The medium of instruction used is English in all the medical universities of Bulgaria. Hence, Indian students can easily take admission in the MBBS program on easy to follow terms. MBBS in Bulgaria will not only engage you in the high quality medical education but you will also get a global platform to study medicine in the top-ranked medical university in the world. Bulgaria offers you the best education standards and serves as the best destination for all the Indian students who wish to make their dreams of becoming a doctor come true.
Courses Offered by Bulgarian Medical Universities
- The medicine course in Bulgaria is a program comprising of 6-year.
- Students will get the required deep knowledge with the help of the different modern medical facilities.
- The syllabus for the medical course is prepared on the basis of varied state requirements.
Why Bulgaria for Study in Medicine?
There are many good reasons that encourages medical aspirants choose Bulgaria for study in medicine. Here are a few for your understanding:
- Most of the institutions are state governed and provide quality education.
- The curriculum followed is of European standards same like the syllabus followed by NMC, BMDC, NMC, and PMDC.
- Studying in Bulgaria is affordable.
- In comparison to the countries like India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, the infrastructure and medical amenities in Bulgaria is excellent. It is an added advantage for the international students traveling for the medical studies.
- Admission process in Bulgaria is simple and hassle-free.
- Indian MBBS students are provided the world-class education in medicine and coached for the NMC screening test and other tough exams.
- Bulgaria is a European Union member country.
- Doing MBBS Course from Bulgarian medical universities recognized by NMC will give the students an international exposure. They can practice medicine in any part of the world.
- The medical colleges in Bulgaria do not conduct any entrance examination. Thus, facilitates direct admission in MBBS in Bulgarian institutions.
- The NMC recognised renowned medical universities have their own clinics and divisions for research work.
- Bulgaria provides the opportunities of work and internships in other nations of the European Union.
Major Advantages of Studying MBBS in Bulgaria
- Great destination for higher studies in medicine Bulgaria
- Low accommodation expenses in Bulgaria
- A small nation with big career opportunities
- Affordable tuition fees in Bulgaria
- Easy admission requirements at NMC approved Medical Universities in Bulgaria
- Medical degrees recognized internationally
- Diverse opportunities for specialization:
- Public Health degrees
- Physiotherapy degrees
- Pharmacy degrees
- Biomedicine degrees
- Nursing degrees
- Veterinary degrees
- Dentistry degrees
- Your MBBS Bulgaria will make you part of the globally recognized medical fraternity
- As a medical professional from Bulgaria, you will have a great social status
- MBBS from Bulgaria will give you a stable job and endless growth opportunities
The Favourable Reasons of Studying MBBS in Bulgaria
The below described reasons will make you understand why MBBS education in Bulgaria has become one of the popular destinations:
- There are a good number of the world-renowned medical universities in Bulgaria that have been accredited by WHO, UNESCO, and NMC.
- Indian medical students can return back to the country and continue their practice after clearing the NMC screening test now known as NEXT.
- A total of about 2000 students from over 40 different countries all around the world enroll for medical study in Bulgaria. This is due to the easy entrance procedure and the rewarding careers after the MBBS course of study is completed.
- A number of top medical universities in Bulgaria are approved by the NMC which even offer you with coaching to clear the NMC screening test.
- Students are not only provided with quality medical education in Bulgaria but you can thereafter even work in the hospitals to treat the needy people. It makes it easy for students who have been always dreaming of becoming a doctor.
- The private medical institutions in India not only charge high yearly fee but also demand heavy donation or capitation fee in order to provide admission through the management quota.
Specific information about MBBS admission in Bulgaria
- Intake: for the undergraduate or MBBS study in Bulgaria, the admission process mostly starts twice in a year depending on which entry will you prefer for admission in the Bulgarian medical university. If you want to apply for admission in winter, then the deadline is October and for spring semester, the deadline is in February. In case of postgraduate degrees and courses, the applications are accepted only once a year in February. For all the Indian students who want to study medicine in Bulgaria need to submit their forms and other requirements in early October.
- Eligibility: for all the Bulgarian medical universities, the eligibility criteria are different for different courses. So, depending on your course, the eligibility criteria will differ. Indian students who have cleared their 12th exams with 65% to 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible to study MBBS in Bulgaria.
- Fees: a good news for all the Indian students is that Bulgaria is one of the most economical countries to study in the European Union and offers MBBS study in Bulgaria at an affordable cost. This along with the living and travel expenses makes it’s easier for all the Indian students to study MBBS in Bulgaria for 6 years. The tuition fees generally vary from 3,000 to 6500 euros. A student can directly pay their fees to the University’s bank account after they receive a certificate stating their Right to Study by Ministry of Education, Youth and Science in Bulgaria (MEYS). Not only this, but Indian students can pay their fees in two installments.
- Documents needed: in order to get an MBBS admission in Bulgaria, a student needs to reproduce the following documents, a duly filled application form, all the secondary level academic certificates, medical fitness certificate, passport size coloured photos and valid passport for the students.
- For school transfer: in case you wish to seek a transfer to any other Bulgarian medical university, then you need to produce the original transcript that confirms the year of the study, issued by the current university in the Bulgarian university. The transcript should contain the following information like the course, workload, the earned ECTS credits, final grade in all the subjects, the grading system of the university, and the cumulative grade point average. It helps in making the transfer hassle-free and speedy.
Education System in Bulgaria
- Education in Bulgaria is mainly looked after by the Ministry of Education and Science.
- There is compulsory school education for children from seven to sixteen years of age.
- The overall literacy rate of the country is around 98 percent for both males and females. It shows Bulgaria’s good standard of education.
- There are approximately 51 institutions of higher education offering a degree at GRADUATE, MASTER and DOCTOR level.
- The higher education system in Bulgaria is divided into three stages. These stages are Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate level.
- An academic year in Bulgaria commences in September and ends in June.
- The graduation courses are of four years beginning after school education.
- The masters’ degree is advanced study and has duration of one or two years.
- In some subjects, master degree starts right after school, leading to a study of five years.
- The doctorate is a degree which is research-oriented and is obtained on the basis of research work.
- To study in Bulgaria, one must have a proficiency level in the Bulgarian language.
- International students need to compulsorily undergo one year course in the Bulgarian language, which is followed by a screening test.
- Keeping in mind the global trend, Bulgaria has started with English medium education also, but that is mostly at the Master degree level.
- Degree in medical education is mostly provided in English medium.
- It is also because many students from different countries apply in Bulgaria for admission in MBBS degree program.
Facts Sheet About MBBS Education in Bulgaria
- There are various reasons that make MBBS in Bulgaria one of the fantastic options for you.
- Bulgaria is one of the popular destinations for Indian students who wish to achieve their dreams of becoming a doctor.
- The country has a pleasant environment packed with the natural beauty, something which you will love to be a part of.
- Getting MBBS admission in Bulgaria is very easy and does not require you to appear in any entrance exam.
- You can study in the NMC approved medical universities of Bulgaria and then come back to India to continue your practice. All you have to do is appear for the NMC Screening Test in order to be eligible to practice the medical profession in India.
- Generally, there is no as such restriction in the total weight of the luggage brought along from your native. But make a note that most of the international airlines allow 20-25 kg of luggage only to be carried along free of charge. All extra luggages are chargeable on a per Kg basis. It can be more expensive. Students from India are advised to carry only the things you feel may not be available in Romania.
- Bulgaria has a number of medical universities that are recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) that too at an affordable medical cost.
- For the candidates interested to excel in life and in the field of medicine, the European nation Bulgaria is undoubtedly the best from the rest choice.
Disadvantage of MBBS in Bulgaria
While studying MBBS in Bulgaria, the country can offer you with ample of benefits along with quality education and global infrastructure, some disadvantages come along with the idea of getting admission in medical universities of Bulgaria.
The following are some problems that can be encountered by students going to study MBBS in Bulgaria:
- There might be some problem encountered due to the fact Bulgarian is mostly spoken in areas of the country. Not only can this, but students whose English speaking capability is not of good quality also face some troubles while going for MBBS admission in Bulgaria.
- During your internships, the patients encountered are Bulgarian speaking and so it might be difficult for international students who don’t speak the local language to communicate with them properly.
- Most of the hospitals don’t allow the students to even touch the patients, something that hampers the understanding and knowledge of the students.
- To survive your education in Bulgaria, you will have to learn a lit bit of Bulgarian, which is good for you as that, serves to be an additional dialect other than your regional language and English.
- Unlike the Indian curriculum, MBBS in Bulgaria is for 6 years complete comprising of first two years of pre-medical studies, last three years of clinical subjects, last year of practical training on rotational basis in the respective hospitals affiliated with the medical university.
- In between the semesters, students only get 2 weeks off, which might be difficult for some Indian students.
Apart from this, there are not many problems encountered by the students while going to study medicine in Bulgaria.