Kazan State Medical University
Pursuing a course in medical not only gives you a great career but also allows you to make a real difference in people’s life. The education sector is saturated with the medical universities offering medical degrees, but it is always advisable to go for a globally recognized and reputed institution. The medical field is a globally recognized and noble field of work. Working in the healthcare sector is extremely challenging, but if you have the passion and are willing put in the effort required, it is worth the hard work.
Kazan State Medical University is one of the globally recognized Medical University of Russian Federation located in the city after which it is named – Kazan. This well-recognized university has earned a great reputation on European and Asian countries because of its global teaching excellence and programs. Russia has always been among the global leaders in innovation and excellence in Medical Industry and this country has given many vaccines and medicines to the world. This country has a number of renowned medical universities and since many years Indian students have been going there to get medical studies at international level and with global exposure. Previously, there were problems of language but now these universities are offering English Programs to invite students from all across the globe.
About Kazan State Medical University
Some great visionary and medical experts established Kazan State Medical University with a vision to offer the country a great medical learning platform.
- Anatomists – I.O. Braun and E.F. Aristov
- PhysiciansKh. Erdman, N.A. Skandovsky and K.F. Fuchs
- Surgeons – A.A. Kitter, P.A. Dubovitskii and F.O. Elacic,
- Obstetrician – A.E. Lentovsky
The very first department of Medical Sciences of Kazan Imperial University was established long time back, more than a century ago in 1814 but formally the Kazan State Medical University got the status of an independent organization in 1930 and then after more than five decades in 1994, this institution got declaration of a medical university. The Medical Faculty of Kazan University is one of the oldest and renowned institutions of higher education that trained doctors for the Volga, Ural and Siberian regions during many decades. Since the inception of its Medical faculty, Kazan State Medical University undertook path-breaking initiatives in higher education with the introduction of various medical faculties such as
- Pediatric Faculty
- Dental Faculty
- Pharmaceutical Faculty
- Faculty of Management and Higher Nursing Education
- Faculty of Prophylactic Medicine (Sanitary Medicine)
- Physiology Laboratory
- Bacteriological Institute
Its innovative and modern curriculum, academic discipline, and adoption of global higher education practices attract many students around the globe. Every year more than 700 students enroll themselves in medical training of the university. The international exposure, qualified staff, and globally recognized degree open the door to a wide range of career prospects.
Accreditation and Achievements of Kazan State Medical University
This Medical University is actually the one and the only university in the city of Kazan, which is recognized by the Ministry of Healthcare & Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and this it gets grants from the government to run the operations.
- This University is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools
- It is also listed in AVICENNA Directory for Medicine
- It is also recognized by premier World Health Organization WHO
- This university has got third rank in the world (ARES 2014)
- It is also accredited by the Royal College of Canada
- It is also recognized some leading medical councils
- GMC, etc
The university has tied up with Royal College of Canada for medical graduates for student exchange program where the students from this university will be able to have a chance to practice medicine on Canada and USA.
Medical Programs at Kazan State Medical University
Faculties offered in the university are:
Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
Kazan State Medical University is the multi-disciplinary University, which focuses on teaching research, and service offers Masters to Doctoral programs in medical science to over 700 students each year.
Internship, Clinical Residency, and Ph.D. are the PG courses are available at Kazan State Medical University.
- The clinical internship program is available in 28 specialties
- The clinical residency program is available in 40 specialties
- PhD-studentship is available in 35 specialties
The university also allows the foreign students to choose between Russian and English medium. The English-medium courses have already commenced in the university since 2003. All the English medium lectures, practical, laboratory studies, seminars, tests, examinations, state examinations are conducted in the English language. To help the students to communicate with patients as well as the locals, Russian language is also taught as an independent subject for 4 years to all the English medium subjects.
Campus Life in the Kazan State Medical University
The campus is a living example for the harmonious multiculturalism with students from all the cities of Russia and from around 50 different countries. The university provides student dormitory to international students and off-campus apartments and rooms for stay. For student’s academic exposure university organizes medical journals sessions and guest faculty visits. The university also helps students to earn while studying by providing “No Objection Certificate”, in case the student finds a part-time job.
The University prides itself in organizing relaxing camps fests “Medic” that are entirely run during the holidays and give a soothing natural experience in the forest on the banks of the Volga River. Every year university is entrusted to put up various athletic programs for the students. There are various recreation programs including football, tennis, basketball, swimming in summer, or skiing and skating in winter available for students.
How to apply for Medical Course in this University?
The prospective students who are interested in pursuing the medical course from this Medical University can fill the online form and submit the application online free of charge. Keep the scanned copies of marks (grades) of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education, passport and financial support letter ready for you while applying. Once your application is accepted you will receive a provisional admission letter and after the visa is confirmed join the university with the course of your choice. If you are unaware or confused regarding the application process, it is always advisable to apply through authorized, professional and experienced consultants.
Eligibility Criteria for Medical Courses at Kazan State Medical University
To get admission for a medical course in Russia, the eligibility criteria for the aspirant is intermediate with PCB subject in their course along with qualifying merit list of the university. The student must be minimum 16.5 years old when they are applying for the medical course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL PROGRAMS:
- For MBBS courses, the student must have successfully completed higher secondary school with an average of 70% marks.
- Completion of tertiary education in case applying for Post-Graduate Education
- The students must have completed higher secondary school including English as a subject
- A proof of English language training may be required.
- There should be a pay slip as an acknowledgment of fulfillment of payment conditions
Documents Required for Admission Application
- Your mark sheets and academics certificates
- Your valid passport valid for upcoming 5 years at least
- Your fully filled VISA application
- Passport Size Photographs
Why choose MBBS Study in Russia?
- Simple and easy to go application process
- Wide opportunity to have international programs and events
- Great exposure to Russian culture and global environment
- Studying with students of multi-ethnicity is a great experience
- International job opportunities and change settle in Europe
- An international medical degree from the university