Information About Medical Education in Romania
Now a days, many countries offer high-quality medical education at very affordable prices but Romania has become the preferred country for MBBS Studies. The students from various countries including India are willing to study MBBS in Romania at a low expense. The annual tuition fee for MBBS in Romania is as low as INR 3, 90,000. The living cost could be about 4 lakh a year. The medical universities in the country follow the international curriculum. The universities in the country are approved by the major organizations like WHO and enlisted with MCI. The affordable expenses make MBBS in Romania accessible for all categories of the Indian medical students.
The private medical institutions in India not only charge high yearly fee but also demand heavy donation or capitation fee in order to provide admission through the management quota. Most of the students cannot afford the high donation the private universities ask for the MBBS seat in India. In such circumstances come the foreign medical universities as a good option for Indian medical students. Many universities in different countries are offering MBBS and other medical programs at an affordable price, which is certainly not the case in Indian medical universities.
Romania has become one of the hottest destinations for MBBS study among the aspiring medical students in the country because of the many advantages it provides to its international students. Contact us for the admission assistance for MBBS from Romania right now!
Why Choose Medical Universities in Romania for MBBS Program?
- No entrance exams for admission to MBBS course
- Duration for medicine study is 6 years
- Tuition fee for study medicine is INR 4 lakh approx. per annum
- Medical Universities in Romania are recognized by MCI along with WHO
- Quality of education is higher
- Medical certificate is valid worldwide
- Hassle-free admission process
- Simple eligibility criterion
- Minimum documentation
- Easy visa and admission
Major Attraction for MBBS from Romania
- One of the reasons as to why many of the Indian students go to Romanian medical universities for MBBS is due to the no entrance exam required.
- As far as the admission procedure is concerned, it is simple and easy to follow.
- You just need to have all the documents handy before applying for MBBS admission.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Romania
The MBBS aspirants from India are attracted towards Romania for higher education in medicine. MBBS in Romania is a top choice for all the international students.
They provide ample number of advantages to the students as mentioned below:
- The universities of Romania are authorized by the foreign authorities such as World Health Organization (WHO), British Medical Council (BMC), Medical Council of European Countries (MCEC), United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The language used in universities of Romania for teaching is English which is quite comfortable for the entire student to understand and to be understood. English is used as a language of communication.
- In addition to this, the local language taught to all the international students, so that the students can properly treat the patients locally during the internship.
- The duration of MBBS in Romania is of six years which includes five years of clinical study and one year of internship. It maintains a right balance between the theoretical knowledge and how to apply the theory practically.
- The eligibility criteria are quite clean and clear. The candidate must clear 12th standard with the medical stream and scored 55% in it. Beside this, fifty percent score in NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) is also the necessary.
- The session for MBBS in Romania commences in September. So, it is recommended to start the application process in June or July after completion of senior secondary. Moreover, the admission seats will be allotted on the basis of First Come, First serve basis.
- The universities of Romania are equipped with the best medical equipment. Apparatus such as Spectrophotometer with UV radiation, microscope that coordinate with a camera, CT scan instruments, radiology and many more. Professional education will be planned to enhance the career of students.
- The tuition fee is also low if a comparison is made between universities of Romania and other universities.
- The living cost in Romania is also low and can be easily afforded by the Indian students. To live in Romania, living expenses stays between EUR 300-500 per month.
- There is no need to fulfill any kind of language requirement that is IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL. So, it becomes easy to get admission into the Romanian Universities without any extra stress of any examination.
- Students will also get an opportunity to do internship with the local hospitals and it will enhance practical skills.
- The degrees from the universities of Romania are recognized the globe and the students can get employment opportunities anywhere in the world.
- The best teaching staff having high qualification is teaching in the universities of Romania. They do have relevant medical knowledge and experience. They follow the standard quality of education which includes practical approach too.
- There is no bar for category and no importance is given to the family names. The whole importance is given to the marks scored in Senior secondary and NEET Examination.
- Wide range of courses is also offered with specialization such as gynecology, gastroenterology, surgery, cardiology and many more.
- Two intakes are available in Romanian Universities that is May and September. It is a kind of flexible entry so the student can choose an intake.
Eligibility for MBBS in Romania for Indian Students
A Brief on Eligibility for MBBS Romania Studies
- The reputed medical universities of Romania are recognized and authorized by the World Health Organization.
- It provides a high standard of medical education and academic excellence.
- If the differences between the medical colleges of India and Romania are drawn, then the fee structure in Romania is low as compared to India.
- Romania becomes the favorite destination to study MBBS abroad among the Indian students.
- In addition to this, world-class infrastructure and better research opportunities are also provided to the aspirants of MBBS abroad.
- The degrees from Romania are recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), British Medical Council (BMC), Medical Council of India (MCI), United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and European Council of Medical Orders (ECMO).
- To get admission in universities of Romania that are approved by the Medical Council of India, the interested aspirants for MBBS in Romania should have completed the age of seventeen years on or before 31st of December of the applying year.
- For international student like Indian, it is mandatory to have a valid passport for visa as well as for travel.
- If talking about the previous education of the aspirant, then he or she must have done relevant education. The students should have also completed their intermediate standard with Medical stream (Biology) to get eligible for studying MBBS in Romania.
- Should have done senior secondary in the stream of Medical stream is not enough as the marks scored should be 55% or more.
- To fulfill the eligibility criteria, the student must have passed NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) examination with 50%. As per the amendment in NEET scoring the minimum percentage is mandatory for MBBS admission abroad.
- The MBBS session in Romania for Indian students commences in mid of the month of August.
After fulfilling the eligibility criteria, applicable for MBBS in universities of Romania, pack your bag and fly towards your dream MBBS course!
About Documents Required for MBBS in Romania for Indian Students
- On the basis of merit and score in the academic, the aspirants of MBBS will get admission in the medical universities certified from Medical Council of India.
- It is on the basis of first cum first serve.
- The availability of seats varies as per the university.
- The marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Biology are considered while providing admission to the desired candidates.
- The duration of MBBS course is six years only in Romania which includes five years of study and one year of practical experience through the internship.
- To get admission in medical universities of Romania, the aspirants need to apply for the admission.
Important Documentation for MBBS Romania Admission
During the process of admission, some documents are required which are essential for this process. The admission procedure involves the application, documentation and submission of fee.
- The documents include scanned copy of mark sheet of 10th standard, scanned copy of mark sheet of 12th standard
- Transcripts of records, scanned copy of school leaving certificates,
- the certified copies of the passport, certified copies of birth certificates,
- scanned copy of the first and last page of passport, medical certificate of physical fitness and
- The recent passport size photographs.
- The whole process of filling application, submission of necessary documents as well as fees and the complete process will be done over the internet with the help of online portals of the Romanian Medical University.
- With all these documents, the aspirant can apply for admission in medical universities of Romania and once the application is accepted by the university, then the letter of confirmation of enrolment is issued by the university.
- After receiving confirmation of enrolment, the next step is to pay the fees according to the structure of the university. Further, apply for the visa and get the visa for Romania!
Key Intakes About MBBS Study in Romanian Universities
- There are a number of the Indian medical students taking the advantage of MBBS in English in Romania from years.
- Every year over 3000+ medical aspirants from around the globe consider studying medicine in Romania owing to the great teaching curriculum followed and the greatly resourceful guidance of all the teachers.
- This is what grabs the attention of so many medical aspirants from the world including India and they enroll in medical study in Romanian universities recognized by MCI
- The quality of education, faculties, and courses offered are the key attractions.
- The Admission for MBBS course in Romania has been made worry-free for international students.
- There is no age or language bar for international students doing MBBS from Romanian medical universities or colleges
- Students can easily get the desired type of food for lunch and dinner
- Some of the universities provide preparatory classes for USMLE, MCI, PLAB, etc.
- Students are free to choose English as their medium of instruction during their MBBS program.
- Separate accommodation facilities for male and female students
- Crime rate in the country is low
- Romania is a preferred location for the 6-year undergraduate medical studies owing to the quality education imparted and the affordable fee structure.
Facts About Education in Romania
- Kindergarten students can start school at three years of age
- Students in high school can take up to 14 subjects at a go
- The high school admission of students is based on test scores
- Students attend specialty high schools
- Education system in Romania is rapidly advancing
- In comparison to men Romanian women attend school for longer time
List of Foreign Medical Institutions/Universities For MBBS
- “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara
- The University of Medicine and Pharmacy “IULIU HATIEGANU”,CLUJ-NAPOCA
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Timisoara
- University of Oradea
Private Universities in Romania
- “George Bacovia” University of Bacau
- “Nicolae Titulescu” University of Bucharest
- “Titu Maiorescu” University of Bucharest
- Vasile Goldis” West University of Arad
- Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University of Bucharest
- “Constantin Brancoveanu” University of Pitesti
- “Emanuel” University of Oradea
- Catholic Theological Institute of Buchare
Fee Structure for MBBS in Romania 2020
Recently, Romania has gained a lot of fame among international students who are willing to pursue their MBBS from abroad. Romania is a country that comprises of variety of world class Government Medical Universities that offer MBBS, MD and other courses in medicine and that too at an affordable price. The low tuition fees and the cheap living expense lays a booming effect on the students who wish to pursue MBBS from Romania.
|Name of the University/College||Annual Tuition Fee in Euro|
|Cluj Napoca Medical University||4350|
|Ovidius University Constanta||5400|
|Carol Davila University of medicine||5000|
|Victor Babes University of medicine||5000|
|Gr Popa Iasi University||4350|
|Oradea University of medicine||4500|
|Constanta medical school||3600|
|Craiova university of medicine||3200|
|Targu mure university of medicine||5000|
Education System in Romania
The Education system of Romania is egalitarian system. The education law helps to unify the nation into a single education system. The Egalitarian system became more egalitarian by the law of free primary education and free books for the needy people.
Along with the formal system of education, an informal system is also added in equivalence with private system which is another system of tutoring.
- MBBS in Romania is becoming very popular and best option among Indian students for the eminent quality of education in medical universities of Romania and affordable fee structure.
- To understand the concepts in a better way we have a detailed and strong hold over all the subjects
- The aspirants of MBBS can easily do study from the top and reputed universities of Romania in the English language which is easy to understand and to be understood.
Why Indian Students Choose MBBS from Romania?
There are few valid reasons for encouraging students from India to pursue further studies from abroad and get admission in top medical universities.
- The students can choose from a huge number of courses available at the universities of Romania according to their interest such as Dentistry, Pharmacy, MBBS program and other areas of medicine with specialization.
- The low cost of living as well as the tuition fee is also a positive point that will be considered while going for study in Romania.
- The admission process is quite simple and documentation can be done online without any stress.
- The atmosphere of study is irresistible and the universities are authorized from various highly recognized organizations from the world.
- The specialization offered to the MBBS students are Neurology, Cardiology, Surgery, Gastroenterology, Orthopedics & Traumatology and many more by the Romanian universities in the preferred language.
More on Romanian Education
- As per Education system in Schools of Romania, university education is also good and highly approved.
- The nation has low fee structure for the aspirants of medical studies.
- The balance cost of fee for pursuing medical programs is lies between Euros 2000 to Euros 7000 per year where the students are free to pay the fees in installments.
- The degree from Romania is highly recognized across the world.
- Certificates are approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), British Medical Council (BMC), Medical Council of European Countries (MCEC), United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and Medical Council of India (MCI).
In Romania, about thirty percent of people were engaged in higher education in the year 2003. For 2004, the adult literacy rate was estimated around 97.3%. Thus, education standard in the nation is supreme and recognized worldwide.
Why Indian Medical Students Prefer MBBS in Romania?
MBBS in Romania is highly popular among the Indian Students. Pursuing MBBS qualification in Romania is one of the best options and it is also cost-friendly.
- Also, most of the universities in Romania are approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and MCI.
- No entrance examination is demanded by the medical universities of Romania.
- Study MBBS in Romania at the top-rated medical university with an affordable MBBS tuition fee is now provided to the students who want to study from Romania.
- Among the top medical universities of the Romania, the fee is lower as compared to the universities of India.
The tuition fees at Romanian universities are economically good for the students and the cheapest medical universities.
More and more Indian students are attracted towards the University of Romania to pursue MBBS due to some valid reasons.
A few of the attraction at medical universities in Romania:
- The good quality of education is offered at affordable cost which is a positive response.
- The laboratories and infrastructure offered in the universities of Romania equipped with the latest equipment and tool of medical study.
- The curriculum of Romanian universities includes a detailed clinical study as well as practical training programs.
- It is not mandatory for the students to clear an entrance examination in order to get admission in MBBS in Romania.
- The admission process is done on the basis of marks in senior secondary and National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
- It is mandatory to have at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to get admission in MBBS in Romania.
- Most of the universities in Romania are authorized by the Medical Council of India.
- It is quite easy for the students to complete their study from Romania and then continue working in India.
- Scholarships are also provided to the students of India on the basis of academics.
- In addition to this, the candidate who is seeking for admission should not be suffering from any contagious disease like tuberculosis.
About the Courses In Romania
- The standard of education in medical universities of Romania is very high and they are also known for its academic excellence.
- Various courses in Romania are provided with the specialization such as orthopedics, gynecology, gastroenterology, surgery, cardiology, neurology, etc.
- Duration of the MBBS in Romania is of six years which includes 5 year of clinical study at university and 1 year of Internship at the local hospitals of Romania.
- The medium of delivering education to Indian students is English language in universities of Romania.
- If the student has completed education in the English medium school, then there is no need to appear for TOEFL or IELTS.
- Romania is known for its affordable and the best quality of education which is recognized across the world due to authorization by the world organizations.
In addition to this, job placements are also provided by the universities of Romania. After completion of MBBS in Romania, medical graduates need to clear the Medical Council of India Screening Test or Foreign Medical Graduates Examination to get registered as a Medical Practitioner in India.
Bright Career After MBBS Study from Romania
- A graduate completing the tough MBBS course has a bright future ahead.
- He/she can go for the full time employment in a private hospital or apply for a job in a government hospital.
- He/she can also opt for the private practice in Romania or return back to India to explore the endless world of opportunities.
- A medical graduate can also go for the PG courses with specialization in certain areas of interest.
- A candidate can also go for the course in Hospital Administration for a stable career in the field of medicine.
- In order for the Indian students to practice in India doing MBBS abroad have to appear for a screening test which is conducted by the national board of examinations on behalf of the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Students who are able to clear the exam can then register with the MCI for the medical practice.
- The MCI screening test is conducted twice in a year.
- It is now replaced by NEXT exam.
- It has no age limit.
- The purpose of the test is to evaluate the individual’s personal abilities, skills, understanding, and hold on the key practices followed in the field of medicine.
- Multiple attempts are allowed to every single foreign medical graduate interested in working in the field of medicine in the Indian territories.
About USMLE and its Importance
MBBS qualified candidates can go for USMLE for a better career prospect in life. It has limitless importance in the medical afield and is preferred by most of the medical professionals worldwide.
How do I prepare for the test? Is there a review book for USMLE?
No test preparation courses are sanctioned by the USMLE program for the appearing candidates. The best preparation for the USMLE is a general, thorough review of the content reflected in the examination descriptions.
You should also practice for your exams using the sample test materials. Self-assessment information and materials are also available.
In addition, registered examinees who want the opportunity to become familiar with the Prometric test center environment may take a practice exam at the test center, for a fee. An applicant can Register for a CBT Practice Session » to develop the required confidence.
About NEET Importance in Seeking MBBS Admission
- Clearing the MBBS exam requires you to work really hard and focus on the different sections of the NEET exam.
- The NEET qualification was recently made mandatory for all the students who wish to apply for MBBS studies in Romania or other nations.
- The NEET exam consists of three sections Physics, Chemistry, and Biology that comprises to a total of 720 marks.
- However, the competition for clearing the MBBS exam is so tough, that only 40% of them manage to secure admission to MBBS courses in the government medical colleges in India.
- For students, who are unable to clear the NEET exam, MBBS abroad is the best option.
- Because of the various advantages like low tuition fee, high quality of education, better infrastructure, good study environment, expert faculties, easy procedure of admission, and a number of the MCI approved medical universities in Romania, the country has gained remarkable popularity among the medical aspirants from India and international countries.
- Recently, the MCI made it mandatory for all the students who will be pursuing their MBBS in a foreign country in the MCI approved universities to at least have the passing percentage and should have qualified the NEET exam.
About MCI Screening Test
In order for the Indian students doing MBBS from foreign land to practice in India have to appear for a screening test which is conducted by the national board of examinations on behalf of the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Students who are able to clear the exam can then register with the MCI and begin practicing in any region within India. It is mandatory and many attempts are allowed for the applicants.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Romania
There are a few of the challenges faced by the international students pursuing MBBS in Romania from the Medical Universities in Romania.
Below are a few of the Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Romania
- Lower percentage of candidates passing the MCI/FMGE in the country
- No required level of coaching is available to the Indian students for FMGE
- The percentage of Indian students able to crack the MCI screening test is decreasing every year
Learn About Romania in Brief
- Romania is the one of the members of the European nation which is most populated and 12th largest country.
- It is situated in the southeast region of Europe.
- Bucharest is the capital city of Romania and famous for its natural beauty.
- In the last one decade, the development in the European nation has been remarkable.
- In these days, Romania has been on the growing stage and a nation with modernization.
- With a peaceful environment, it is a beautiful country.
- It is becoming a seamless destination for overseas students.
- It attracts a lot of students from different corners across the world as the teachers use to teach in number of languages such as English, Romania, German and French.
- Plenty of educational programs are available in Romania which makes it one of the most proclaimed foreign destinations with high quality infrastructure.
- Most importantly, Romania is featured in the list of Schengen country in the European Union and the students can take advantage of all the benefits like any other Schengen student.
A Look On Modernized Romania
- Modernized Romania was established in 1859 via a mutual union of the Danubian Principalities of Moldavia and Wallachia.
- It is placed at number 52nd in the index of Human development and has the 47th largest economy in the world.
- In the year 2017, it had seven percent growth rate which is the highest in the European nation.
- Since 1955, it has been a member of United Nations, part of the North Atlantic Alliance Organization since 2004 and since 2007, part of the European Union.
- There are various official names of Romania such as United Principalities of Moldavia and Wallachia, Romanian United Principalities, Romania, Kingdom of Romania, Romanian People’s Republic and Socialist Republic of Romania.
General Data of Romania
- Capital city: Bucharest
- Official language: Romanian (a neo-Latin language of the Romance languages family)
- Religion: Eastern Orthodox – 86.7%; Roman-Catholic – 4.7%; Protestant – 3.2%, etc.
- Ethnic structure: Romanians – 89.5%; Hungarians (including Szecklers) – 6.5%; other ethnic groups – 4%
- Features: mountains (31% of area), hills and plateaus (33%), plains (36%), Danube Delta
- Climate: temperate-continental, four seasons
- Administrative organization: There are 263 cities and towns, of which 80 municipalities, and 2 685 communes with over 13 285 villages.
- The Legislative: The Parliament of Romania (4-year term) has two houses: the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies.
Living Standard in Romania
Romania is having high standard of living and the cost of living is quite the low. No doubt, the cost of living is usually economical. Even the students can easily afford the standard of living in spite of financially weak background.
Low Study Cost
- The cost of pursuing study is also low in comparison with other medical universities in Europe.
- The expenses may be low or high depends upon the standard of living of a person and their habits.
- The city of Constanta is affordable for living.
- The total estimated monthly expenses in Romania are around 350-500 Euros.
- The cost of expenses includes living standard of a person and the luxurious standards he or she can enjoy while pursuing studies in Romania.
Low Cost of Living
While visiting a new nation or country, the foremost concern is money and if one is visiting to Romania, then do not worry about the money because with Euros 300 per month one can easily pay for the necessities of everyday like healthy, prosperous and comfortable life. Somehow, it depends upon the lifestyle of a person too.
Climate in Romania
- It has picturesque landscapes as well as the climate is temperate and continental.
- In Romania, the seasons are summer, winter, autumn, and spring. Summers are often hot like it is in New Delhi on the blazing afternoon of May month.
- The summer season is quite warm to hot and winters are quite cold. In the summer season, the maximum average temperature in Bucharest lies between 28°C to 35°C.
- Whereas in the winter season, the temperature lies below 2°C.
- If talking about the rainfall, then the average rainfall is about 700mm (more in the mountains and less on the coast) annually.
- Spring is the driest season and thunderstorms are quite normal during summers.
- In summer, lightweight clothes are worn and on the other side, warm clothes are preferred during the winter season.
- Due to rain throughout the year, rainwear is always recommended.
Favorable Climatic Condition in Romania
- During the month of May and September, good weather with pleasant temperature is experienced (temperature fall between 20°C and 25°C) and July as well as August are warm.
- January is the coolest month and August is the warmest one.
- A high chance of precipitation is there in the month of May and June.
- The wettest month is June as this is the month that is dedicated to rain.
- At last, the driest month is October. Sometimes, winters can get breezy and the temperature fall below 0°C.
Romania is one of the underdeveloped countries in European Union. People living there enjoy a better standard of living.
Know Why Students Choose MBBS Experts Only?
Career in medicine is on the top priority especially among the Indian students. For the same, there is a strong competition for the admission in the prestigious government and private colleges in the country offering MBBS Program.
- Pool of experienced and professional career counselors
- Cooperative and supporting team members
- Travel and VISA assistance
- Comparatively low consulting fee
- Trusted study MBBS abroad admission solution
- Single destination in Delhi for admission to MBBS Course in Romania and other countries in the world
Services at MBBS Experts
There are certain things that every student should consider, while they are choosing a study abroad consultant in Delhi for MBBS in Romania.
- Professional counseling related to MBBS abroad absolutely at no cost
- Admissions Assistance for all countries
- Expert Guidance on Application Process
- Admissions Assistance for all countries including Romanian MBBS
- University Research and Shortlisting of the top MCI approved medical universities for Indian students
- Assistance in Submission of Documents
- Support in visa application
- Help in finding suitable accommodation along with the food sources
- Booking air ticket
- Pickup from the airport to the respective university/college campus
- Staying in touch till your MBBS Degree program from Romania
Seeking admission in the top 10 medical universities in Romania for Indian students is not a tough task. You only need to look for a 100% trusted MBBS abroad consultant in Delhi.
You can contact us at MBBS Experts anytime for the expert counseling and admission support to the medical colleges in Romania or even in other nations worldwide.