About the University
AMA School of Medicine (short form AMASOM) is one of the best medical universities in Philippines. AMA is situated at Makai City. The University was founded on 15th October, 1980 by Dr. Amable R. Aguiluz. If you are shortlisting colleges/ universities for MBBS in Philippines then you can add AMA school of medicine in your list.
The Medicine programs offered by university include BS and MD course. Offered degrees are similar to the degree being offered in UK, Australia, India and other Commonwealth countries. The University focuses on enrichment of student’s clinical and practical skills in various fields like Gross Anatomy, Pathology, Microbiology, and a lot more.
AMA School of Medicine is one of the best places in China for medical studies. With the top quality education and renowned faculty members, the university is undoubtedly one of the best in China for medical education.
Ama School of Medicine Fees Structure
|PARTICULARS||TOTAL TUITION FEE (5 YEARS)||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||23215 USD||1200 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||16,25,000 Rupees||84,000 Rupees/yr.|
MBBS Experts would like to bring to your notice that the Tuition Fee for the MBBS Course or other Courses may vary depending on the Exchange Rates of Indian Rupee against USD.
Exchange rates are volatile and are subject to change from time to time. Kindly check the Exchange Rates before initiating the admission process. Also, note that the University/College reserves all the rights to amend the tuition fees anytime without any prior personal intimation to the students.
- University has 2 campuses. One is in Makati and another is in Cavite (Manila). It is one of the best and leading medical colleges in Philippines.
- AMASOM has pool of brilliant faculty from excellent academic background and specialized fields.
- All the lectures are held in English as majority of population speaks English in Philippines.
- They follow clinically oriented and case study method of learning.
- AMASOM is also affiliated with Private health institutions and government hospitals.
- This is the best place for Indian medical students as the ratio of Indian students in AMASOM is high and it also offers healthy environment.
AMA school of Medicine ranks 17920 globally.
If you are planning for taking MBBS admission in Philippines and you decide upon the rank of university then AMASOM is considered one of the top ranked universities for study in medicine.
AMASOM for Indian Students
- As MD degree is recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India), education system and all other facilities at AMASOM for Indian students are same as of Philippine students.
- After completing all licensing formalities with MCI, Indian students at AMASOM will get license to practice MBBS even in India as same as MBSS doctors.
- This is one of the reasons; Indian student wants to study MBBS in Philippines. AMASOM also comes in the list of top and best low fees Philippines medical colleges for Indian students.
- If you are an Indian student who wants to study medicine in Philippines then this University is the best combination of affordable fees and education.
Why should one go for AMASOM University?
- If students are searching for medical universities in Philippines with affordable fees, then this is the place.
- University also has easy payment schemes. It also offers scholarship. AMASOM has four-year curriculum which prepares the students with critical thinking, problem-solving and clinical reasoning skills.
- Cooperative and qualified faculties to assist
- Instruction in English for the international medical candidates
- Accommodation cost is also not very high
- Superb education facilities with necessary practical training
- Modern and advanced infrastructure
- In first three years of the program, students get the understanding of basic and clinical sciences in classrooms settings.
- The fourth year equips the students with same skills but in actual clinical environment.
- Donations are not required
- Both tuition fees and cost of accommodation are on the lower side
- Top notch education facilities for the students
- Safe and engaging environment for all
- In a nutshell, AMASOM is the student oriented medical university.
- AMASOM is one amongst the foreign medical university which is being accredited by WHO (World Health Organization), MCI (Medical Council of India), IMED (International Medical Education Directory) and US Education Department and General Council of Medicine of Great Britain.
- After receiving medical degree from the university, Indian students can even think of doing their own medical practice in India.
Duration of MBBS degree at AMASOM
The MBBS program offered in Philippines Universities is different from that of other countries. It is offered as BS-MD course. MD is not a post graduate degree, instead in Philippines it is equivalent to MBBS degree.
- MBBS in AMASOM is basically divided into 3 parts – BS, MD and Internship which makes 6 years duration for MBBS at AMASOM or any other university in Philippines.
- BS is the main medical course; it can also be called as foundation course. This course consists of four semesters and the duration of this course is 1.5 to 2 years.
- After completing this course, students shall appear for NMAT (National Medical Admission Test) for booking seat in MD course. For pursuing MD course, students must complete NMAT test.
- On failure, they have to appear again and pass. A student already holding a bachelor’s degree in Science can directly enrol themselves in MD program which is equivalent to MBBS degree in any other country.
Intake for Admission to MBBS Course
There are two types of intakes in AMASOM University in June and November (depending upon the university and program).
These intakes are for pre-medical (BS) program and for medical (MD) program. MBBS admissions in AMASOM begin in June. And admissions to pre-medical course can take place in June or November each year.
Deadline for admissions
Being budget friendly and one of the best medicine college in Philippines, university seats filled very fast almost every year. Therefore, admissions are on first come first serve basis.
If you want to apply in MBBS degree in AMASOM University, carry these documents with yourself:
- 10th and 12th Certificate and a mark sheet.
- Birth certificate.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity) with Visa application form.
- 10 passport size photographs.
- Official invitation letter from the university.
- Authorization of all documents from Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from Indian Embassy.
- Visa Fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st Year Tuition fees.
- HIV test documents / Medical health certificates.
- Bank statement from student or any of the parents showing minimum balance of 3.5 lakhs in account.
- Must qualify NEET National Eligibility cum Entrance test.
Eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS Course
Criteria for taking admission in MD program:
- To skip BS program, students must complete his/her graduation degree.
- Students should have passed 12th standard with Biology as their subject.
Criteria for taking admission in BSMD (MBBS) program:
- Students must complete their 12th
- 50% marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) for General Category and 40% for SC, ST and OBC aspirants.
To get admitted in the university you need to follow steps.
Here are detailed steps to help you get admitted in MBBS course/AMASOM University:
|Receiving invitation letter||Within two working days, the university will go through an evolution of all the documents and send an invitation letter. In case there is a rejection the university will notify the same|
|Payment of enrolment fee||Once the invitation is received the student needs to pay the enrolment fee through net banking or other methods of payment|
|Visa application||Once the payment is done the final invitation letter will be provided by the university and the student needs to apply for Visa.For the application of Visa the following documents are required: |
|Arrival in Philippines||The fee for the first year needs to be cleared before the student decided to arrive in Philippines. The student also needs to send the details of the flight for the university representative to find the student and guide the student through further processes|
|Before attending the classes||It is important that the student produce the original certificate before the classes start. It is also important for the student to complete the registration within the three days of arrival to Philippines.|
Accommodation (Hostel) facilities
- AMASOM do offer good and clean hostel system facility.
- There are separate blocks for boys and girls and rooms are available on shared basis.
- Hostel rooms are fully air-conditioned and fully-furnished.
- In rooms, you will also get TV, telephone, Refrigerator, Washing machine, Radiators, and other conveniences.
- In hostel rooms, students will also get furnished beds with blankets, pillows, mattress, two side tables, a cupboard with a pair of table and chair in every room.
- Not only this, hostel staff also takes care of proper hygiene in rooms, they change the bedsheets on regularly.
- If any student wants to get his/her name registered for hostel facility then they have to sign the contract followed by terms and conditions.
- Students will also have access to public facilities nearby hostel like supermarkets, ATM’s, gym, medical shops, etc.
MCI coaching in university
Many students wish to go back to India after completing studies in AMASOM. As university is recognized by MCI, it includes MCI coaching in its courses.
Student life in the University
The university curriculum is not limited to books only. It aimed at producing capable doctors who are educated via innovative curriculum which will help to become self-directed and life-long learners. They also have lot of fun while learning.
Indian Food facility
AMASOM is very famous amongst Indian aspirants who want to study medicine there. Because of this university has excellent Indian food facility. Apart from university, there are many options available outside for Indian cuisine.
Weather in Makai City
Philippines are known for tropical weather. There are 3 seasons, Rains: from June to September. Rains can be frequent and heavy. Winters: October to February. It is cold but temperature seldom drops below 25 degree Celsius. Summers: March to May. Usually temperature is pleasant, just be prepared for rains.
About Makati (Makai)
It is main cultural and entertainment hub in Manila. Makai is also famous for its cosmopolitan culture and metropolitan areas. It is a fast developing city. The development in the education sector is noteworthy. Students from different countries prefer traveling to the city for education purpose.
Why study MBBS in Philippines?
- No entrance examinations: it helps students stay away from the stress of entrance examination preparation before getting admission in any university
- No donations or capitation: the universities strictly follow no capitation fee policy
- Cost of accommodation is low: low cost of stay do not trouble international students concerned of expenses
- Globally recognized degree: Not only WHO, MCI but also many global bodies have recognised medical universities located in the different cities of Philippines
- Education facilities are simply world class: modern amenities, highly advanced and modern infrastructure, 24×7 water and electric supply is made available for students’ comfort
- Safe and healthy atmosphere: low crime rate and a feeling of brotherhood makes the country safe and good for international medical and other coursed students
- Premium quality education: The education and the course curriculum followed in the MBBS Program is of global level
- English medium classes: For non- Philippines language speaking Indian students, language is not a barrier because English is the medium of instruction for MBBS course.
Why to Choose MBBS Experts?
When it comes to study MBBS in abroad, it is always advised to go for experts who can guide students in right direction. Experts help in complete admission process and medicine studies as well.
- MBBS Experts believes in honest education abroad services
- Free of cost counselling by expert counsellors for MBBS abroad
- Support for the admission and visa documentation
- Assistance in selecting the best medical university from the top 10 options
- Air ticketing and guidance in choosing accommodation
- Pickup arrangement from the airport to the university campus
- Post admission support of all type
- Coordination support until the MBBS course completion
- Low consulting fee and satisfactory services always
Sitting back wasting time thinking of different things is not at all good. It is better to take the right step at the right time. Once you choose MBBS Experts, you are made to enjoy peace of mind.
Your successful completion of MBBS Program from AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) will make you feel proud of your decision. Connect with the team at MBBS Experts in Delhi and make your preparation to fly to Philippines!
MBBS Experts – Your One-stop MBBS Abroad Admission Support Partner
Making decision to seek admission abroad is a tedious task. MBBS EXPERTS based in Delhi completely understands the fact and has emerged as the trusted MBBS education abroad consultant for all admissions related information. Students trust us for MBBS Program, Dental and Nursing Courses, KROK Examination and other information and support services. MBBS Experts are available 24×7 for students. We believe in Pre and Post Admission support. We are open to queries anytime for MBBS programs. MBBS Experts is the authorised representative of many MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Abroad.