About the University
Southern Medical University is one of the premier universities for MBBS in China where the medical aspirants all over the world come for MBBS studies in China. The university is located in Guangzhou, the capital city of Guangdong Province, China. The university was established in the year 1951 in Zhenjiang, but was later shifted to Nanjing in the year 1957.
The university has two urban campuses which together an area of nearly one square kilometre. This university has been awarded as the first-class garden-like university because of the rows of green trees and bouquets of blossoming flowers on the campuses all throughout the year. The university has about 11000 staffs among with 700 are professors and associated professors along with 80 supervisors for doctorate candidates.
Southern Medical University Fees Structure
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||33000 RMB||6000 RMB|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||3,30,000 Rupees/yr.||60,000 Rupees/yr.|
MBBS Experts would like to bring to your notice that the Tuition Fee for the MBBS Course or other Courses may vary depending on the Exchange Rates of Indian Rupee against USD.
Exchange rates are volatile and are subject to change from time to time. Kindly check the Exchange Rates before initiating the admission process. Also, note that the University/College reserves all the rights to amend the tuition fees anytime without any prior personal intimation to the students.
Key Features of the University
The university has several undergraduate programs, postgraduate programs, doctoral programs along with study centres for post-doctoral studies as well in different fields of medicine. The university has a total of 7 affiliated hospitals that are Nanfung Hospital, Zhujiang Hospital, Hua’nan Hospital, Nanhua Hospital, Stomatology Hospital, Pingxiang Hospital, Jiangdu Hospital and Xinhui People’s Hospital
With its first class teaching methodologies, the university is undoubtedly the top destination of MBBS studies. In an addition to this, its low MBBS fees in China necessarily make sure those aspirants from all over the world especially the Indian students to opt for China MBBS in the Southern Medical University.
Faculties and Departments
Southern Medical University takes pride in having a total of 19 schools for medical study in China that are as listed below.
- The First Clinical Medical School (Nanfang Hospital)
- The Second Clinical Medical School (Zhujiang Hospital)
- School of Basic Medical Sciences
- School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- School of Laboratory Medicine and Biotechnology
- School of Nursing
- School of Biomedical Engineering
- School of Stomatology
- School of Health Management
- School of Rehabilitation
- School of Forensic Medicine
- School of Health Management
- School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- General Education Department
- School of Foreign Studies
- School of Marxism Study
- Graduate School
- School of Continuing Education
Southern Medical University ranks 626 in the world.
The country rank of China Medical University is 49 for medical education in China which clearly proves it ranks among the top medical universities of China.
Overview of Southern Medical University for MBBS
|Basic Eligibility||70 % in PCBE in 10+2|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, with qualifying marks|
|Course Fees||INR 4.15 Lakhs per year approx.|
|Duration of Course||5+1 Years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI and WHO|
Southern Medical University has a lot of Indian students on campus with more and students opting for MBBS courses in China. Southern Medical University has been a preferred choice of the Indian students for MBBS studies in China over the last two decades with increasing number of enrolments every year.
Why Choose Southern Medical University to Study Medicine?
There are a number of reasons as to why Southern Medical University would certainly be a very good choice for MBBS admission in China that are as mentioned below.
- First class teaching hospitals for premium quality education
- Low tuition fees in China for MBBS studies in Southern Medical University
- Excellent laboratories
- The campus of the university provides the students with all modern facilities
- The student teacher ratio is just ideal
- The faculty members are highly renowned and adequately qualified
- Accommodation is low cost
- The medium of study is English which is ideally suited for the Indian students
Accreditation of University
Southern Medical University is approved and accredited by the bodies that are listed below which in turn makes sure that the students are readily able to enjoy successful career opportunities while studying MBBS in China.
- Medical Council of India or MCI
- World Health Organisation or WHO
- Chinese Education Ministry
- International Medical Education Directory or IMED
Duration of MBBS in Southern Medical University
The overall duration of medicine study in China is six years which is divided into five years of classroom studies and one year of internship once the classroom studies are completed. The students are provided with all the theoretical as well as practical training from the classroom studies. The internship helps the students in getting hands on experience in operations, surgeries and all other relevant trainings that are necessary.
Deadlines or Timelines for Admissions
To study medicine in China in the Southern Medical University, the deadline for admission is 15th of July of each year and the intake of China MBBS admission starts in the month of September.
For MBBS education in China in the Southern Medical University, the students are required to keep the following documents handy.
- Form of application
- Passport size photo
- Mark sheets of class 11 and 12 from the respective board of education
- Certificates of class 11 and 12 from the respective board of education
- School leaving certificate
- Scanned copy of a valid passport including image
- Certificates of extracurricular activities if any
- All the documents should be attested and notarized form the relevant authorities
Additionally, the following documents are required for visa application.
- A valid passport of the applicant
- Recent coloured passport sized photographs
- Visa application form
- The JW2O2 form which is also required in original at the time of coming to China
- Letter of admission issued by the university
- Physical examination form or the health check-up form
Eligibility for MBBS in Southern Medical University
MBBS in China eligibility for getting admission to Southern Medical University to apply for an MBBS seat in China are as mentioned below.
- To study medicine in China, the upper age limit is 25 and 17 is the lower age limit.
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology be necessarily a part of the curriculum of the applicants in the Plus 2 level who plan to study in China
- 70 percent and above score is required in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- To study medical in China, the candidates require having studying experience of two years of all the three subjects.
- Clearing NEET is essential with qualifying marks.
- An IELTS or TOEFL score is required.
- Good fluency in English is required so that the students can communicate freely.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Southern Medical University
China medical universities have a completely smooth and uninterrupted admission process. To get a better idea of the overall process of admission, please read through.
- The admission process starts with filling up the application form required studying medicine in China along with the prescribed documents.
- Then the candidates need to pay the application fees, admission fees and the processing fees. The fees for application as well as admission are to be paid in advance and the processing fees can be either sent to China or India whichever is earlier.
- Within seven to ten working days after the fees are paid, the candidates can expect to receive the official photocopy of the admission letter issued by the university.
- The next step involves sending the documents to the Ministry of Education in China for processing. This is essential for the issuance of the JW2O2 form without which the Chinese Embassy would not process a student visa for MBBS admission China.
- Within a time period of about 30 days, the admission letter is received and the issuance of the Chinese is complete which ends the process of admission to MBBS abroad China.
Hostel facilities are available on campus with comfortable and spacious rooms that are fully furnished. This is to make sure that none of the students face any problems in the medical colleges in China.
If MCI Coaching in the University
Indian students are entitled to get MCI coaching which is arranged by the university itself on campus thereby making it beneficial for the Indian students who have plans of coming back to India and practice after the completion of the MBBS course in China.
Student Life in University
Student life in the Southern Medical University is an appropriate mix of studies, fun as well as enjoyment. The students get all the required facilities at the university to make a successful career in the time to come.
Indian Food Facility
Indian food facility is available in the canteens of the campus of the University which makes sure that each of the Indian students gets the required Indian food at the time when they need it.
Location and Weather Conditions
Southern Medical University is located in in Guangzhou, the capital city of Guangdong Province, China. The weather conditions in the province remain cool throughout the year but the winters are extremely cold.
Why MBBS in China?
- No entrance examinations: it helps students stay away from the stress of entrance examination preparation before getting admission in any university
- No capitation fee: the universities strictly follow no capitation fee policy. Unlike Indian private colleges, there is no any type of donation or capitation fee demanded for admission to medical courses
- The university has a low fees structure: tuition fee are kept low to make MBBS studies affordable for even poor students
- Cost of accommodation is low: low cost of stay do not trouble international students concerned of expenses
- Education facilities are simply world class: modern amenities, highly advanced and modern infrastructure, 24×7 water and electric supply is made available for students’ comfort
- Safe and healthy atmosphere: low crime rate and a feeling of brotherhood makes the country safe and good for international medical and other coursed students
- Premium quality education: The education and the course curriculum followed in the MBBS Program is of global level
- English medium classes: For non-Chinese language speaking Indian students, language is not a barrier because English is the medium of instruction
- No entrance is compulsory for admission: You do not need to appear for any entrance test and thus take the benefit of easy admission process
- Appropriate environment for research: the universities have facility and environment encouraging students go for the research work after MBBS course completion
- Globally recognized degree: Not only WHO, MCI but also many global bodies have recognised medical universities located in the different cities of China
- Reasonable tuition fee: it is a very important factor playing remarkable role in attracting more and more international medical students every year. Many students also win scholarship and enjoy free studies.
Benefits of Choosing MBBS Experts for MBBS in China Admission
- MBBS Experts are one of the leaders in offering premium quality educational consultancy services to the students who want to take admission in China medical colleges.
- MBBS Experts extends its support to the students for an MBBS abroad in the best possible way.
- Experienced counsellor to assist in application
- At MBBS Experts, all sorts of support are offered to the students ranging from counselling of the students to getting them admitted to MBBS in China.
- Being a trusted as well as a reliable service provider in this regard, we help the students in achieving their dream of MBBS abroad China.
- Dependable, experienced, affordable, and professional dealing
- Moreover, MBBS Experts has tie ups with a number of medical universities in China so as to offer the best of the facilities to the students.
- In an addition to this, we are also the official partners of several reputed universities in China which makes sure that we are able help and offer complete guidance to all of the medical aspirants who wish to study MBBS in China.
In the highly competing city Delhi, MBBS Experts stands alone in the city serving MBBS abroad students from the different states in India looking for the admission solution services.
At MBBS Experts, we give our clients every reason to choose us every time for the professional documentation and other assistance.
Visit us today for the free of cost counselling and information related to MBBS course admission in Southern Medical University in China!
MBBS Experts – Your One-stop MBBS Abroad Admission Support Partner
Making decision to seek admission abroad is a tedious task. MBBS EXPERTS based in Delhi completely understands the fact and has emerged as the trusted MBBS education abroad consultant for all admissions related information. Students trust us for MBBS Program, Dental and Nursing Courses, KROK Examination and other information and support services. MBBS Experts are available 24×7 for students. We believe in Pre and Post Admission support. We are open to queries anytime for MBBS programs. MBBS Experts is the authorised representative of many MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Abroad.