Having a dream to study MBBS is harbored by many. However, this comes with certain challenges. The most prominent challenge is the shortage of seats in medical colleges and universities. To add to the difficulties, the private universities charge exorbitant prices. In addition to this, several students fail to produce qualifying marks in NEET. Thus, many of the students become ineligible to take admission to Indian medical colleges. However, there is still a chance for Indian students to grab that MBBS degree from abroad. Several top-shelf foreign medical universities offer world-class education, that too at reasonably low cost.
Why Study MBBS Abroad?
Indian students face a lot of competition for the MBBS course seats. The number of seats in India is quite less in comparison to students aiming to secure the seat. That is why more students prefer to take admission to foreign medical universities. Are you aiming to become a doctor? Here are a few reasons to study MBBS abroad:
- There are several top-notch MCI approved medical universities abroad that offer ample amount of seats to Indian medical aspirants.
- These universities use top-quality machines, laboratories, and other facilities.
- Most universities teach the course in Bilingual language, with English as one of the teaching mediums.
- Many of the universities also teach the students the local language so the students can communicate well with the local patients.
- These colleges have a good student-teacher ratio.
- The tuition fees for studying MBBS are much cheaper than the private universities in India. Some of the MBBS colleges abroad allow the students to pay the tuition fees in installments.
- As MCI approves them so students can practice in both India and abroad.
- Recognition by WHO and MCI allows the students to sit for global exams.
- Most universities do not accept donations or capitation fees.
- These international medical universities provide state-of-the-art technology for students.
- Students get to enjoy and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
- The universities abroad also offer scholarship programs.
- The MBBS aspirants can also apply for education loans.
- After completing the MBBS course abroad, students can practice abroad and in their own country.
- You can take direct admission to these medical universities abroad.
- Every medical university abroad offers fantastic hostel facilities equipped with modern facilities and amenities.
- Indian food is abundantly available at the hostels and restaurants.
Duration Of MBBS Abroad:
The MBBS course duration in most top universities abroad is of 6 years. While the first 5 years are kept for theoretical and practical education, the last year is generally for an internship. A commendable teaching faculty will be present to guide the students throughout.
Eligibility Criteria For Completing MBBS Abroad
The medical aspirants need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to take admission to a foreign medical university:
- The age of the student should be at least 17 at the time of taking admission. The maximum age for the candidate should not be more than 25 years.
- They should have passed Class 12 with Science from a recognized board of education in India.
- For general category students, an aggregate of 50% is essential in PCB, i.e., Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. On the other hand, a minimum score of 45% or 40% is required for SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
- Students must have the ability to understand and communicate in English.
Recognition Of Medical Universities Abroad
The following worldwide institutes recognize the medical universities abroad:
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
Admission Procedure For MBBS Abroad
The admission procedure in these foreign medical universities is easy and hassle-free. Generally, the application date for most universities starts in June or July, and it takes approximately 2 weeks to get the admission letter after the application is approved. Here is a brief idea about the admission process:
- First, choose an MCI approved medical university abroad.
- You will have to fill up the online application form properly.
- Then, submit all the required documents asked by the university.
- Once the application is approved, you will get the offer letter from the university.
- Then pay the admission fees, and start the visa procedure.
- The visa takes nearly 2 weeks to arrive.
- After getting the VISA, you can fly abroad to study at the universities there.
Documents Needed For Admission In MBBS From Abroad
- Class 10 and 12th mark sheets
- The NEET scorecard
- School Transfer Certificate
- Application form of the university
- Invitation letter
- No objection Certificate
- Valid Passport and VISA
- Medical Checkup certificate
- A few passport size photos
- School Leaving certificate
- Birth certificate of the student
- No criminal record certificate
- Bank statement of the guardian
- Code of Conduct Certificate
Scholarship And Education Loans For Pursuing MBBS Abroad
Many of the international MBBS universities offer scholarship opportunities to Indian students. To avail of such opportunities, the applicant must produce good academic results and a good level of awareness. Indian medical aspirants can also apply for education loans. Students going abroad for MBBS can apply to private or national banks for loans. For getting a loan, students have to show the proper documents. In some cases, the applicant can get facilities for repayment of the loan as well.
Accommodation Options For MBBS Students
When traveling to a different country for education, accommodation is an important factor to focus on. Most MBBS universities abroad offer fabulous, well-equipped, and safe accommodation facilities to their international students. Separate hostels for boys and girls are available. Some of these hotels offer facilities like television, washing machine, refrigerator, air conditioners, etc. Many of the hostels have well-furnished rooms. The hostels at most universities contain a hygienic kitchen. These accommodation facilities are located in safe places, and some even have police booths for added security of the students.
Career Opportunities After Completing MBBS Abroad:
If you want to make a good career out of MBBS, studying abroad can prove beneficial. It gives you wider exposure and prepares you for the international environment of the medical world. You can rest assured that that studying MBBS abroad will give you good career opportunities.
- You can either come back to India or can even practice in the country from where you’ve passed the course.
- MBBS candidates can get employed with various international medical institutes.
- Students can finish the PG course from Germany or USA
- They can also sit for the FMGE or USMLE exam after completing their MBBS from abroad.
- The students can even start their practice once they come back to India.
Things To Keep In Mind:
Going to a foreign land, away from home, to study can be a bit scary. However, being aware bout certain things can make the process easy and endurable. Here are a few things to keep in mind while going to study MBBS abroad:
- Make sure to have your accommodation facilities ready before you arrive at university.
- Beware of fraud educational consultancies.
- Be aware of the weather conditions of the country you are going to, and thus pack your clothing accordingly.
- Have knowledge about the currency of the host country.
- Pack necessary emergency medications.
- Staying away from home can be tough and can induce homesickness. Keep in touch with your family as much a possible to ease yourself.
MBBS Experts – Your One-stop MBBS Abroad Admission Support Partner
Making the decision to seek admission abroad is a tedious task. MBBS EXPERTS based in Delhi completely understands the fact and has emerged as the trusted MBBS education abroad consultant for all admissions related information. Students trust us for MBBS Program, Dental and Nursing Courses, KROK Examination and other information and support services. MBBS Experts are available 24×7 for students. We believe in Pre and Post Admission support. We are open to queries anytime for MBBS programs. MBBS Experts is the authorised representative of many NMC Approved universities for MBBS in Abroad.
Consider us for study MBBS in Georgia | MBBS in Russia | MBBS in Ukraine | MBBS in China | MBBS in Philippines
Visit Our Counselling Centre: 2nd floor, Metro Station, F-16, near Preet Vihar, Block F, Preet Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
Contact Us: +91-9266622503, Write us:firstname.lastname@example.org