Irkutsk State Medical University
The demand for the medical professional is increasing day by day. The healthcare sector is growing faster than any other industry and requires qualified and internationally accepted degree holder professional. Russia is one of the top choices for Indian students to go and pursue medical courses abroad. Every year thousands of Indian students move to Russia and enroll themselves in famous universities. Internationally approved medical degree, diverse exposure, and international environment are some factors, which makes Russia as the first choice for Indian students for medical courses.
If you are one of the students who are struggling to select the best medical universities in Russia; Irkutsk is the great destination for you to study in. Irkutsk is a major industrial center of Serbia city and is a home to many primary industries like electrical production, car manufacturing, production of building materials, food processing, textile, medical industry etc.
There are many enticing universities to pursue in the educational hub of the country Russia and one of the leading universities are Irkutsk State Medical University. Situated in the largest city of Russia, Irkutsk State Medical University has expertly guided thousands of students toward the path of service in the healthcare sector by providing international exposure with quality medical education. Presently more than 100+ students hailing from different states of India are pursuing different courses at Irkutsk State Medical University.
About Irkutsk State Medical University
Irkutsk State Medical University was established as a medical faculty in 1920 at Irkutsk State University and became an independent medical institution named as Irkutsk State Medical Institute in 1930. The dental faculty of Irkutsk State Medical Institute was introduced in 1952 following pediatric faculty in 1982. The Irkutsk State Medical Institute was approved with state certification in 1992 and after three years got the university recognition in 1995. The courses offered in University are in accordance with GEF and are approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. Since last 60+ years, Irkutsk State Medical University has an enrollment of over 15,000 students across the Undergraduate and Post Graduate medical programs. Compared to its inception, Irkutsk State Medical University has expanded its faculties and committed to fulfilling its vision of providing quality and competent education to students graduating from the university.
Medical Programs offered at Irkutsk State Medical University
The Irkutsk State Medical University offers various courses to meet the growing demand for doctors, surgeons, nurses, and pharmacologists. The university offers courses in General Medicine, Medical-Prophylactic, Pediatric, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Medical Biochemistry and Higher Education course for Nurses. It also offers Preparatory courses for Foreign Students and Postgraduate courses for internship or residency students.
Let’s have a look at the details of faculties offered at Irkutsk State Medical University-
List of medical courses offered:
- The University has a wide range of courses available for the students in different verticals of medical sciences
- The university caters mainly bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses and doctoral programs to meet the growing needs of a globalized world.
Following are the courses available at the university for the students –
- Therapeutics Pediatrics
- Medical Biochemistry
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Anaesthesiology-intensive care
- Clinical laboratory diagnostics
- Pathological anatomy
- Forensic-medical examination
- Ultrasound diagnostics
- Functional diagnostics
- Pediatric surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Therapeutic physical training and sports medicine
- General medical practice (family medicine)
- Traumatology and orthopedics
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Health Organization and Public Health
- Dentistry therapeutical
- Surgical dentistry
- Orthopedic stomatology
- Children’s dentistry
- General Hygiene
- Social hygiene and organization of state sanitary epidemiological service
- Nursing, Laboratory diagnostics
Duration of courses: The duration of courses offered by the university varies from 4 months to 7 years.
- Level of Education: The University offers high education through special programs and residency programs.
- Degree received: the Ministry of Education and Science of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation accredit the degrees awarded by this medical university.
Campus Life at Irkutsk State Medical University
The international campus of the university is known for its architecture, energy-efficient campus and high-end research. The campus of the university is located in Irkutsk. Irkutsk is one of the great Siberian cities and a major educational and scientific center in Siberia. The Irkutsk Airport connects the city with Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Vladivostok and many other Russian cities as well as foreign cities near and far. The campus includes hostel that gives a pleasant and peaceful atmosphere and a cafeteria offering tasteful menu. For Indian students, they also provide a separate mess offering Indian dishes.
At Irkutsk State Medical University, a student flourishes personally and professionally. There are many events organized in university that creates a constant buzz on the campus in addition to the supportive environment that nourishes academic brilliance and notable experiences. The fully facilitated campus also has printing office, sports camp and heath camps. This Serbian city is an ideal place for foreign students, there are various famous sightseeing locations, and students can feed their travel soul by visiting different locations and experiencing Russian culture. The local Serbian community treats foreign students very well and ready to help in case of need.
Accreditation and Awards of the University
Having opened its doors in the 90s, the Irkutsk State Medical University is one of Russia’s oldest universities holding the best ranking in the world. The university has got a fabulous track of high-quality academic content, with bragging rights as the prime research hub in Serbia city. The Russian Ministry of Education and Health Department of Russia recognizes it. The university has also received a license from Federal Education and Science Supervision Agency thus allowing them to conduct educational activities and educational programs.
How to apply for Medical Course in this University?
The aspirants who are interested in pursuing the medical course from this Medical University can submit the application online free of charge. You can apply for an international university of your choice ensuring that you complete the eligibility criteria. If you are unaware or confused regarding the application process, it is always advisable to apply through authorized, professional and experienced consultants.
Eligibility Criteria for Medical Courses at Irkutsk State Medical University
To get admission for a medical course in Russia, the eligibility criteria for the aspirant is just passing intermediate with PCB subject in their course. The university does not require any specific marks or grades in the subject for admission in a Medical course. The student must be minimum 16.5 years old when they are applying for the medical course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE MEDICINE PROGRAMS:
- For Medicine, Pediatrics, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing Courses, the student must have studied PCB in their higher secondary classes.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL POSTGRADUATE / CLINICAL RESIDENCY PROGRAMS:
- For PG / Clinical Residency courses the student must have MBBS / MD / BDS degree with transcripts
- For Medical Ph.D. / Doctorate Degree, the students should have MBBS / MD / BDS degree with transcripts, Certificate of completion of Internship and Certificate of completion of Residency or Postgraduate Medical Education
Documents Required for Admission Application
- Your mark sheets and academics certificates
- Your valid passport valid for upcoming 5 years at least
- Your fully filled VISA application
- Passport Size Photographs
Why choose MBBS Study in Russia?
- Simple and fuss-free application process
- No English test is required for studying Medical in the English Language
- Simple and easy application process and excellent support
- Russian culture and lifestyle experience for lifetime
- International and diverse exposure to the students
- Great employment opportunities worldwide after the attainment of degree